Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book Review: Style by Lauren Conrad



I first purchased this book with the idea of glancing through it every so often. However, I ended up finishing it about three days later.

What I liked:

- The layout of the book was fantastic! I liked how it was divided into sections (beauty, hair, accessories, etc).
- Easy to read. She was professional, but not confusing in her words. You could understand everything she was saying so easily, and she put a bit of humour into it as well.
- The CONTENT! LC provided travel tips (and lists of what to pack on certain trips (or her take on these lists anyway)) and strategic packing tips to make the most out of your wardrobe (and the space you have to haul it on vacation). I especially liked the "One Little Black Dress, Five Ways" section, and also the one on events & parties.
- The whole book!

What I didn't like:

....Nothing!


I highly recommend this book! Everything as super helpful, and it's exactly what I was looking for in a book about personal style. LC talks about building your wardrobe and the key pieces to build upon, how to make vintage and modern pieces, mixing patterns and how to incorporate accessories with certain outfits. And so much more!

Check it out guys! I know you will enjoy it just as much as I did :) I will for sure be reading this again!

Hope you all had a good day! I went job hunting this morning and dropped my resume off at some restaurants. I'm hoping to find a serving job, or at least hosting. I just need more money & I hope something comes up!

Happy Tuesday!

Holly xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment