Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chance, change, challenge


My New Year's Eve wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. As I waited for my internet to connect, I thought about how lucky I have been this past year. Last night truly proved that as well. Brandon is my number one, my best friend, my love. We are two peas in a pod! In fact, my mom calls us Fred & Ethel, because we pretty much act like an old married couple (you know, bed by 9 o'clock, I make him lunches for work, etc). He has made this past year so incredible, and I am thankful every single day that I get to wake up to such an amazing man and to have him in my life. He's kind, handsome, sweet, and all things wonderful. An added bonus: my family loves him too! I never knew what being in love felt like before I met him, and I can honestly say that I have never felt so much for one person in my whole entire life (not even when I was three and refused to give up my Barney stuffed animal). He is a BIG reason why 2010 was so great! One change for 2011: We have decided to go on more dates! I am looking forward to this one :)

In 2010 I learned a lot about myself, too. I learned that I am way too forgiving, too generous, and I tend to let people take advantage of my kindness. One challenge for 2011: Learn how to say no, and stick up for myself more often. No, I'm not the type that hides away in a corner when things get tough, but I'm constantly saying YES to doing EVERYTHING for EVERYONE, and I need to stick up for myself and tell them to JUST DO IT! In addition, I learned who my real friends are, who are fair-weather friends, and who aren't real friends at all. It's sad to have had to let go of some friendships, but when the threads are worn, sometimes things just fall apart. C'est la vie!

And of course, my family has been there through all the ups and downs of 2010, and all the years leading up to the present. They never fail to shower me with love, make me laugh, give me a shoulder to cry on, and make memories that will be embedded in my brain forever (my mom tends to sing a lot, and when I tell her to stop, she simply says, "I'm making a memory for you!") no matter what. One chance to take in 2011: Take my family out for dinner, where my parents don't have to pay. They are constantly providing for my sister and I, and Brandon, and they need to be treated too! Also, I will tell my family I love them at least once a day!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve! I ate a whole sleeve of Premium Plus salted top crackers (so exact!) today to settle my stomach. Needless to say, I only left the house to get way over priced poutine and popcorn chicken at KFC with B earlier. Comfy days spent in my WAY comfy pink sweatpants are seriously the best!

Good night all! :) Holly xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment