Friday, April 1, 2011

Date Night: Gina's


















The other day Brandon suggested that we go out on a date. At first he was thinking we would try a Chinese restaurant called Shanghai Nights (I have been before, he hasn't), but I had been craving Mexican food for the longest time after hearing a co-worker rave about the small diner-like eatery called Gina's. It didn't take much convincing, and after I was finished work, we got ready & headed out to Nanaimo.

First things first though - before dinner, we had to stop at the mall and check things out (as you can see, I bought the cutest cheese grater... Cheesy ;) Ha!). We didn't spend too much time there, however, because I was so excited for dinner! I mean, who doesn't love a good burrito or enchilada?

I opted for the chicken fajitas, and Brandon got the same but filled with steak. The food was SO incredible! We started off with tortilla chips and salsa - homemade salsa with onion, tomato, cilantro, and all other kinds of goodies that had me going on and on and on about how great it was. I swear, with every bite I said, "Oh my GOD, this is so good!" And I repeated that over & over again after my actual dinner too! While I was eating, I sipped on a margarita & left with a full, stuffed belly. Seriously. If you guys are ever in Nanaimo and are looking for some out of this world food, go to Gina's! It's a bonus that the decor and colours are so bright and cheery :)

PS. We may have stopped at Dairy Queen for some dessert on the way home. Midnight truffle is delicious!

I hope you all are having a great Friday night! I signed up for another run today. It's the Run for MS 2011 and I have the option of doing 3, 5, or 10 K. I'm thinking either the 5 or 10. Aaah so excited for my first run, and it's coming up soon - April 17th!

Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment