Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun Food: Mixed Berry Muffins


These muffins are a lot similar to Tim Horton's Fruit Explosion Muffins - minus the obscure amount of calories, that is! I found a recipe in a muffins & more cook book, but made my own tweaks to it and added things here and there. They are moist, delicious & sweet from the mixed berries. Check out the recipe below!


2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk (I used almond milk for my muffins)
1/4 cups 0% fat Greek yogurt

Approx. 1 cup fresh or frozen berries

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center.

Pour milk, egg, and Greek yogurt into the well. Carefully add in fruit. Stir to moisten ingredients.

Grease muffin cups & fill about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200*C.
Makes 12
~~~
Let me know if you guys try this recipe! :)

Other eats:


Spicy Italian sausage with zucchini, yellow peppers & carrots. I later added a spicy chili tomato sauce. My mom & sister are away on a school trip, so I have made it my responsibility to cook for Brandon & my dad. I needed a man friendly meal & I think they'll really enjoy this!


My favourite brand of spinach. I'm sure it's all the same, but the medium sized containers are awesome for holding huge salad beasts (and therefor creating a large vegetable induced food baby). I shredded some & added it to romaine lettuce for Caesar salad (below, in the works).


Everything is ready to be put together now. It's dinner time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment