Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday, Fun Day, Run Day!








This past Sunday was filled with sunshine, running & a ton of fun.

Sunday was my first 5K "race." I put race in quotations, because it wasn't a huge competition between anyone, and it was a walk/run that supported MS. I raised $127.00, got an awesome t-shirt, and kicked my own butt. I usually run a 5K in 30 minutes with tons of hills since I train in my own town. Yeah, I'm slow, but I lap everyone sitting on their hiney on the couch!! Anyway, I ran an awesome course in 25 minutes. I felt super proud because I came in second during the 5K run (as far as I know. I kept my eye on the guy at the head of the line, and it was only me & him during the cool down lap on the track. I think I got second ;) ), shaved five minutes off my usual practice time & had an amazing day supporting a good cause!

Other pictures: Stripes on my toes & finger nails. No, I don't have a tiny little toe sprouting out. That is my little thumb, haha! Above that one, some raisin bran muffins. I baked these from a bagged mix, but added in some raisins. Today I made pumpkin raisin muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies (yeah, I had raisins to use up), and homemade peanut butter cups with dark chocolate. So good!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment