Deciding on the perfect Holiday dress or outfit can be one of the most difficult tasks a girl can have if she's looking to impress at a Holiday party. Employers often have Christmas parties, and it's important to look festive and classy, especially if you are going as a guest. Here are a few of my picks to make a great impression during the Holidays.
1. Jacob Lace Corset Dress ($99). This lovely dress also comes in red. The great thing about a little black dress is you can wear it again, and again! It is a classic investment piece, and fortunately this one won't break the bank! I would pair this with minimal accessories (maybe a delicate bracelet & diamond earrings) and a pair of glitter heels.
2. Delicate fabrics - Delicate fabrics such as silk look so pretty with some extra sequins. If you are not feeling a totally sequined shirt, I would wear one with minimal sparkle but still lots of details (think bows and nice draping & pin tucking). Having a piece in a simple color such as blush, white, or even black is still kept Holiday appropriate with the correct accessories. Plus, it is ultra feminine and transcends into future seasons.
3. Marc Jacobs Draped Black Tube Dress. Okay, so this one isn't as budget friendly as the Jacob dress (#1), so check your local Holt Renfrew or other luxury department stores for their price. My guess is at the very least, $1000.00. What I love about this dress is that you can make it as glamorous or as simple as you wish. A Breakfast at Tiffany's style necklace (lots of pearls) and a swirled bun on the top of your head would look classic and chic, or you could pair it with a deep red lip, great shoes & diamonds for a look that is ultra-glam!
4. The Olsen Twins - take a look at the clothing that these iconic twins wear day to day. I love the lace detailing on the sleeves of Mary Kate's black dress. It adds texture, and lace is definitely appropriate for the Holidays. Similarly, a printed dress like Ashley's allows you to focus more on your hair and make up rather than accessories. Prints certainly speak for themselves! Their bold lip is wonderful, too.
5. Last but not least, sequin overload! I have been seeing skirts in several stores that are fixed with sequins of all shapes and sizes. If you have a big Holiday party coming up (such as a girls' night or a casual Holiday dinner with friends & family), feel free to be more adventurous. Royal blue and ink blue especially are a lovely contrast against the usual reds & greens of the Holiday season. However, when you have such a flashy & fun dress, you can keep your accessories and shoes simple. You want to avoid looking like a Christmas tree (as pretty as some of them are)!
What is your go-to Holiday outfit this Christmas?
Photos from Weheartit, Tumblr, Jacob & Style.com