Thursday, February 3, 2011
I didn't have a good outfit to show you guys today; in fact, I even left the house in some white and grey plaid pajama pants and Ugg boots with a top knot on my head. Not so fashion forward today, but it's one of those days, it seems like. My mind is going a mile a minute thinking about things: jobs, money, moving out, and of course I worry about all these things. I'm a worry wart at heart, and today it's definitely getting the best of me. Luckily I indulged in a delicious chocolate cupcake left over from my sister's birthday, although it didn't solve everything. It made things better for about five minutes though! Anyway! Enough sad talk. On to the goods.
1. This is my favourite leave-in conditioner! It has a fresh citrus scent (think hot lemon tea or a lemon dessert, but better), and it gives your hair lots of shine. Also, when you brush your hair out with a wide tooth comb, it makes it easy to get the tangles out while nourishing our hair at the same time.
2. Burts Bees lip balm in pomegranate - it gives your lips a hint of berry shine while making them super soft and smooth! NYC Powder Foundation - I like this because you can layer it for the desired coverage. Sometimes I'll use a bit more, while other times I'll use a bit less. No matter how much you use, I find it blends well and hides any imperfections. Eyelash curler - I didn't always use an eye lash curler, but I am glad I do now! It's surprising how much it actually does make you look more awake and put together.
3. My favourite brushes! I have been starting a little collection of make up brushes, but these ones are my favourite. The wooden one in the middle is made by Eco Tools, and I use it for buffing on my NYC Powder Foundation. The blush brush to the right is by Joe Fresh, and the other two eyeshadow brushes are Joe Fresh as well. Brandon's mom got me a brush set by Joe, and I am in love! It also came with a fantastic liner brush.
4. The Body Shop is known for it's yummy scents, but I totally forgot they sold perfumes! I originally smelled this one on a strip of ribbon (for testers), but I didn't buy it then. I kicked myself for not purchasing it, though one day I was at The Body Shop in a little plaza mall in Victoria and it was on sale. I'm not positive what the original price is on this perfume, but I ended up getting it for something like $13.00, which was good for me!
5. Aveeno - This is the only lotion that seems to be *OKAY* for my stupidly sensitive skin! It's gentle, and I don't get any bad reactions from it. I've been using it for years! Dove deodorant - In Energize. I basically just like the smell of this, although it honestly does protect sweating and all that yucky armpit business. Crest 3D White - I've gotten quite a few compliments on how white my teeth are. "Do you use white strips!?" Nope! I use Crest 3D White tooth paste. It really is as good as the commercial makes it sound!
Happy Thursday everyone! Hope it was a good one for you!