Sunday, March 6, 2011

Change of View






For as long as I can remember now, I have been wanting to move to Vancouver. What's there for me? School, and a bundle of new opportunities. I've been saving my money carefully, putting funds away from each paycheck from each job (I only work two, not four or something crazy like that, and unfortunately I'm not paid to blog) until I feel I've saved up enough. The course I want to take is a Fashion Merchandising Associates program at VCC. A couple years ago, I toured the school with the program director and received all the information I would need. So what's holding me back now? I don't know which area I'd move to (actually I have a vague idea, but searching for apartments & suites is overwhelming), I'm a little scared about the money thing, and I certainly hope I'd be able to find a good job while I'm at school! I have a plan in my head where everything goes great. However, there's also the chance that it could NOT go according to plan.

What's the big deal anyway? It's an adventure.

If you guys had the chance to move somewhere to do something you loved, would you do it, even if you were scared?

And for you Vancouver readers: Which area would be best to live if I were commuting to downtown? Obviously downtown would be ideal, and I have also been looking into the Burnaby area as well.

Suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. This blog is sweet! Glad I came across it!

    check out mine? I'm a photographer!


    www.electricbrandon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Definitely do it. Gotta take a chance or you'll always think about it!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog! My brother moved to Vancouver and went to VCC! I still have never been, but am dying to visit him there! It looks beautiful.

    x Nia
    www.liveglamordie.com

    ReplyDelete