Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Cocoa






Although it's only November, December is approaching with rapid speed. This means everyone is gearing up for Christmas, and I must say, I am more than excited. While we have to wave goodbye to the iced coffees and blended drinks of summer to avoid being even COLDER than we are (in Vancouver, anyway), I am happy to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage. One of my favourite Holiday beverages is hot chocolate, and while it is a year 'round treat, there's nothing better than adding a seasonal twist such as eggnog, peppermint syrup & candy canes. Hey, Kahlua & Baileys is pretty darn good, too!
Below is the hot chocolate I made the other day. Although there was no eggnog, coffee liqueur or candy cane flavouring in it, I added a swirl of whipped cream & put it in my favourite candy cane mug to feel a little bit more festive!
Also, Starbucks has their Holiday drinks now, as I'm sure you all know. I was wondering when they would finally bring out those cute red cups! I have to say, the skinny peppermint mochas are delicious!

What's your favourite Starbucks holiday drink?

Note: Since writing this blog post, I purchased some light eggnog & have added it to basically everything. Needless to say, I haven't shared it with Brandon, and I have nearly made it through one litre all by myself. Yes, Holiday pounds are approaching (ha ha)!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE! I adore the gingerbread mocha/latte or whatever it's called...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to leave work & go grab some Starbucks (egg nog latte) right now! Love it :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete