Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Wishes: Running Edition


Fitness and health has recently become a big part of my life. A couple years ago I lost about 30 pounds through healthy eating and exercising - none of that diet pill garbage or starving yourself (I like food too much!). Although I love dancing (I danced ever since I was 4 up until grade 11), running is my exercise of choice, combined with yoga and some strength training. A large portion of my Christmas list is dedicated to the sport of running. While others think I am crazy for loving running, it honestly is such a good way to get out any frustrations and start the day off on the right foot. Plus, it does wonders for your legs & booty!
Here are several items featured on my running list:


Zensah compression sleeves for calves. This is especially helpful when I experience soreness in my legs from a hard work out and keeps the blood moving!


Foam rolling is definitely something all runners should be doing, but I just haven't gotten my hands on one of these bad boys! I've seen them at Winners and various sportswear stores, but I guess I just thought, "next time." Nevertheless, foam rolling prevents injuries throughout your training & is so important to stave off injuries in the future.


A Garmin Forerunner 305 has had tons of great reviews, and lots of fitness bloggers I read swear by this little device to clock their time, splits & distance. So helpful considering I have nothing like this!

 The most important (to me) item on my Christmas list isn't exactly something tangible. It has always been a goal of mine to run a half marathon, so my wish this Christmas is to be signed up for the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon! It would be such an amazing gift, because not only is it something I HAVE to use, but it will give me motivation to work hard with my training and accomplish one of my (many) goals.
 
 Running tights & crops are way better for running than short shorts when the cold weather hits. Unfortunately it already has here in Raincouver (I mean, Vancouver..)! 
 I already have a subscription to Runner's World magazine (it should be here any day now! Fingers crossed), so any running related books are on my Christmas wish list, especially this one by the Olympic distance Runner, Kara Goucher.

 Running t-shirts & tanks. It is so tempting to run in a big comfy t-shirt, but the fact of the matter is that heavy cotton shirts are NOT your friend when it comes to running. You want something that will wick away moisture and keep you cool (or warm depending on the garment). I am building my collection of running T-shirts & tanks, but it doesn't hurt to have more!
Finally, the last item I'm sharing with you is the iPod shuffle. I have an iPod nano & an iPhone, but I really dislike having to hold onto something as I run. Often times it takes me a while to get comfortable with something in my hand and headphone wires hanging every where. It gets difficult and frustrating when you are getting tangled up along your run! An iPod shuffle is perfect, because you can clip it onto your jacket or the waist of your pants (or even a sleeve) without worry.

Okay folks, that is all for the Running Edition of my Christmas Wishes! If you work out, what is your exercise of choice? Do you have any equipment for this particular activity that you would like for Christmas?

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment