Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What's in My Make Up Bag?


I thought it would be fun to do a What's in My Make Up Bag? post! I see them all over YouTube from beauty gurus, so I thought it would be interesting to put one on my blog. Let's get started.
I mostly use the two make up bags above. The bright printed bag is from Clinique and came with one of their gift with purchase events in September. This is where the bulk of my make up is housed.

I found this Betsey Johnson traveling make up bag last year around Christmas time. It is perfect because although it looks like a clutch, it folds out and has several compartments. This is easy to pop into my purse instead of having things like concealer & pressed powder running loose in my purse (where they always seem to leak!), and it is easy to wipe clean as well.


I try not to wear a full face of make up every day. However, sometimes it's hard to just go out bare faced, so I will usually put on at least face powder and maybe a bit of blush to give myself a rosy feel.
Products here:
CoverGirl Clean Liquid Make Up in 505 Ivory
Maybelline Concealer in 20 Sand
NYC Smooth & Natural Matte Powder Foundation in 731U Urban Light
ELF Golden Bronzer Compact - Love this!
MAC Baked Blush in Warm Soul
Brushes by EcoTools, Joe Fresh & POSH.


I used to own a ton of eye shadows, but I downsized my collection to ones that I wear most often. However, I love my Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette for days when there is a fun event happening & I want to add a pop of colour to my eye make up. Plus, the neutral shades in this palette are nice as well. It is totally versatile!

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo: Daybreak (super shimmer)
& (single shade from) Teddy Bear quad
MAC Eye Shadow in Woodwinked
Brushes: Joe Fresh, POSH


Like eye shadow, I used to buy mascara like crazy. Actually, there is one I can think of right now that I would like to buy again & that's Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara (in the metallic green tube). I often go for the blackest of black when it comes to colour. These three are my favourites right now:

Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Soft Black
Diorshow Black Out in 099
Maybelline Great Lash Curled Brush in Very Black


Last but not least, lips! I could buy hundreds of lip products and still not have enough. I usually go for pink tones when it comes to lipsticks & glosses, although I need to find the perfect shade of red!

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Glosses - gifted (tag has worn off). However, I have one in my car and I know for sure that the name is Strawberry Fizz.
Revlon Lipstick in Heather Shimmer
Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain & Balm in Adoration
Clinique double ended lipstick & mascara. Lipstick is 62 Tenderheart
Mini Clinique Lip Gloss: Sticker has worn off :(
Burts Bees Chapstick in Pomegranate. It is SO moisturizing. I could not live without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment