Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Sparkle: Shoes






Retailers are already putting out their Christmas merchandise, and Holiday themed display windows are popping up as well. When I think of Christmas, besides the standard green and red, I also think of colours such as gold and silver. Likewise, SEQUINS and GLITTER soon follow! There is nothing better than adding some shimmer to your Holiday outfit, so in the Holiday Sparkle series I will post for you glitter-covered ideas to help inspire your Holiday ensembles!

1. The classic pump, but with a twist - finding shoes with cap toes in a metallic finish will instantly add glam to your outfit. I love the pointed toes with gold caps. When I spotted these Christian Louboutin's online, I definitely thought of Christmas! However, Louboutin isn't the only one creating these capped pumps. You can find them in almost any shoe store for a fraction of the cost!

2. Glitter oxfords & smoking slippers (not pictured, but you can find them in this post). I have seen these EVERYWHERE this fall! From Aldo & Spring to Browns & Holt Renfrew, you will have no problem finding these trendy shoes in glittery finishes. Plus, you may even be able to save them for spring!

3. Glitter flats - One thing I love about flats is how you can find them in any colour, pattern, and texture. They are less dangerous in snow than their higher counterparts, the stiletto, but your feet will still look Holiday pretty while being comfortable, too! It is a winning combination. Like the glitter oxfords & smoking slippers, sparkly flats have been in numerous stores throughout the fall season. I recently spotted a dusty gold pair at Winners with very fine grains of glitter to polish them off. I would highly recommend checking out your favourite shoe store for glitter flats; you are bound to find them!

4. Glitter heels - Tall, small, kitten heels, booties, you name it. Heels glitter heels are a festive and fun addition to your Holiday outfit. You can find them in many colours, and the glitter itself can be found in a variety of textures. Personally, I would like to find a lower glitter heel to keep it work & school appropriate. As much as I love towering stilettos, the practical girl inside is telling me no!

Are you a pointed toe heels, flats, or oxfords kind of gal?

Images found from Weheartit, The Glitter Guide & Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment